I wanted to make a simple, but healthier version of cookies. I searched for a simple recipe when I found this: Fluffy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. This looks good, I was thinking. I don’t have everything at home, but hey it never discouraged me before. It is the perfect opportunity to be inventive and creative. My kind of thing.
So this is what I came up with:
Simple banana – oatmeal cookie
- 1 tbsp flax meal mixed with 2 tbsp water / this is called a flax egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tbsp peanut butter / or almond butter for an even healthier version
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / or 1 packet of vanillin sugar (you can buy it in Hungary or Germany)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup almond / grounded in my food processor
- 3/4 cup rolled oats / ground them. food processor rules
First, mix the flax meal with the water in a mixing ball (big enough to hold all ingredients) and let it sit a bit
Add the banana and mash it with a fork
Add all ingredients in the order of the list, mixing each one of them into the mix with special love and care
Bake it approx. 15 minutes. It was 200 C in electric oven with fan. Time might vary depending on the oven.
It is especially delicious with a glass of rice milk!